James Santana Heal is the teen expert behind this course, while Emma Pratt focuses on ages 9-12.
James has been teaching at the British Institute of Seville for the last 17 years, having taught previously in the United Kingdom, Poland and Indonesia. He has taught all ages, but has a particular speciality: he's recognised by his teaching colleagues as having "the touch" with teens.
He is interested in teacher training, encouraging students to become autonomous learners and the use of student- generated materials. He has published several articles in the ETP magazine on differentiation and routines with young learners. He has a degree in Modern and Contemporary History, a CELTA and Delta.
Understanding development from childhood to adulthood
Behaviour, classroom management and rapport
Teaching Approaches and Ideas for Writing and Critical Thinking
- Welcome and thanks for joining me!
- The Pre-Teen Diaries I FREE PREVIEW
- What to Expect in This Module
- The Pre-Teen Diaries II FREE PREVIEW
- Forming a Good Base for Well-Being in Childhood
- Mental States
- Illustration and Art as Platforms for Talking about Emotions
- What age group do we actually talk about when we say “Teens” or "Pre-Teens"?
- Our Beliefs About Teaching English Across the Spectrum of Ages
- Ways to Adapt this Last Activity for Your Classroom
- What are Puberty and Adolescence? When Does Adolescence Start and Finish?
- Myths About Teens
- What Neurological Developments are Taking Place During Adolescence?
- True or False: As a Result of the Neurological Changes Taking Place, What are Adolescents and Pre-Adolescents Like?
- More to come...
- The Pre-Teen Diaries III
- A Story About My Nephew